The HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard is a card for those who already have a substantial banking relationship with HSBC and are willing to pay the annual fee to earn rewards on their credit card spending and enjoy various travel benefits.
Some of these benefits are travel insurance, airfare and carpool credits, lounge access, and hotel discounts. If you qualify, you’ll earn 3 points per dollar spent on travel, 2 points per dollar spent on dining expenses, and 1 point on everything else.
Other card details
With this card, you’ll earn 3 points per dollar spent on travel, 2 points per dollar spent on dining expenses, and 1 point on everything else. Each point is worth 1.5 cents if redeemed for airline tickets, it is also possible to exchange them for statement credits. After the purchase is made, points are credited to your account within a maximum of two billing cycles
New cardholders can earn a welcome bonus, after spending $4,000 within the first 3 months of account opening, worth 50,000 Rewards Bonus Points worth $750 in airline tickets (if booked online through HSBC Rewards). Your points will not expire while your account is open and there’s no limit to the number of points you can earn in a year. However, HSBC may close accounts if there are twelve months of inactivity.
This is a card for high-worth HSBC customers and to qualify for the required Premier status, you must have a minimum of $5,000 in monthly direct deposits, $75,000 in total deposits and investments, and a mortgage origination of at least $500,000. Then, after the qualification process, you will have to pay the annual fee of US$395 to maintain this card and enjoy its features.
Also, this card will be a good choice for those who fly at least once a year and use carpooling services at least five times a year, as you will have annual credits of $100 for each airline purchase and up to five trips Uber or Lyft of at least $20 each.
Other Benefits of the Card
- $100 annual ride credit with Uber and Lyft (up to $20 per ride)
- Hotel Discounts: Receive 10% off stays booked through Expedia and Agoda.
- Free Lounge Key membership and two free lounge visits per year. Additional visits are only $32 per person.
- MasterRental Coverage: Protection against physical damage and theft of most rental vehicles
- Free Unlimited Premium Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi at over one million secure hotspots worldwide with simultaneous access for up to four devices
- Trip Cancellation Insurance: Reimbursement for your pre-paid, non-refundable expenses in the event of trip cancellation for a covered reason
- Hotel and Motel Theft Insurance: Up to $1,500 reimbursement per claim for stolen or damaged personal property
- Lost Baggage Insurance: Up to $1,500 refund per claim for lost or damaged checked or carry-on baggage
- Baggage delay insurance: Up to $250 refund per claim for the cost of essentials
- Price protection: Refund for when you purchase an item with your card and then see a print ad or a non-auction internet ad for the same product at a lower price within 60 days from the date of purchase
- Extended Warranty: With this benefit, the original manufacturer’s warranty can be doubled up to a maximum of 24 months for qualifying items purchased with your card
- Purchase Guarantee: Refund if a covered item you purchased with your card is damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase
- FICO Score: Free monthly update of your FICO score on your monthly statement
- Digital Wallet Technology: Shop online, make in-app purchases, or pay with your smartwatch or tablet
Is this card for you?
This card is designed for HSBC Premier customers who want to take full advantage of the benefits provided by HSBC and can afford the annual fee. If you travel a lot this will be an excellent card to help you save and protect yourself during your travels, due to its numerous exclusive advantages for frequent travelers, such as discounts on hotels and carpool credits.
In addition, this card offers some benefits not found on most credit cards, such as Boingo Wi-Fi access and price protection.
Users who obtain this card will also enjoy earnings on travel and restaurant purchases and 1.5 cents per point redemptions when you book through HSBC Rewards. If you have an HSBC Premier relationship and will enjoy the travel and shopping benefits of the HSBC Elite Mastercard, then the card will certainly be a good choice.
Many times, the process of acquiring a credit card can be long and difficult, with the HSBC Elite Mastercard you will have an excellent credit card that will allow you to manage your income and expenses while earning rewards and enjoying great benefits like the travel bonuses.
If you think is time to get yours, sign up for the HSBC Elite Mastercard now and enjoy all its benefits! Keep reading this article to know how.